Entering the forest and using the hiking trails is always at one’s own risk.
Depending on season and weather individual legs of hiking trails require a particularly sure foot. Therefore, please make sure to wear hiking shoes with rugged soles for traction and clothes that are appropriate for the respective season and weather conditions.
Tips and hints
Unser Arrangements zur Tour:
Tel.: +49 (0)6854 / 901 20
Öffnungszeiten: täglich 07.00–24.00 Uhr
Gasthaus Zum Flare
Tel.: +49 (0)6854 / 294
Öffnungszeiten: Mo, Di, Do und Fr ab 16.00 Uhr, Sa ab 14.00 Uhr, So ab 10.00 Uhr
Homepage der Gemeinde Oberthal - www.oberthal.de
Tourismus Zentrale Saarland
Tel.: 0681 - 9 27 20 - 0
Getting thereexit Primstal, then on L 134 to Oberthal, then take L 319 to Güdesweiler
ParkingVillage square in Güdesweiler
Book recommendations for this region:
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.